Interested in joining the Wild Oats Board of Directors? Here are some things to know!
How to Apply:
- Let the board know you are interested by completing the form below or contact the board president directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board Make-up & Requirements:
- The board has nine members, elected for three-year staggered terms by their fellow owners in early November at the annual meeting.
- Directors must be member-owners of Wild Oats in good standing without a substantial conflict of interest resulting from an affiliation with any enterprise that is in competition with the co-op.
- Directors must be US citizens (a requirement because of Wild Oats’ liquor license).
- The board delegates all operational duties to one employee, the General Manager, and therefore does not take part in any of the day-to-day activities of Wild Oats Market.
- Instead, board members are involved in strategic planning, financial oversight, board perpetuation and member-owner outreach.
- The board holds a monthly meeting for two hours at which attendance is expected as outlined in our bylaws.
- Board members also serve on one of two standing committees (Board Development & Member Connection) and may also serve on an ad hoc committee.
- The time commitment will vary from month to month but at a minimum includes time to read through meeting materials and attend the monthly meeting.
- Each year there is an all-day retreat to establish of goals and priorities for the next twelve months.