Suspended Groceries, a new initiative designed by Williams College students and recently launched at Wild Oats Market, allows shoppers to “suspend” one or more of the purchases they make at Wild Oats Market, for another shopper to pick up and take home. Through Suspended Groceries, we hope to make fresh foods more accessible to everyone in our community.
- Go to any register at Wild Oats.
- Select one or more items from the Suspended Groceries coupon display and add it to your grocery order.
- You will be charged for the suspended item(s), and a coupon for each item will be issued.
- The coupons will go to the Berkshire Food Project, which will distribute them on a regular basis.
- Go to Wild Oats Market with your coupon(s).
- Select the food that matches the item on your coupon. (If you need help finding the item, ask any staff person).
- Bring the item and the coupon to any cashier. Give the cashier the coupon, and take home the “suspended” item.
Currently, there are Suspended Groceries coupons for:
- 1 carton of Feather Ridge Farm eggs
- 1 32 oz container of Stonyfield organic yogurt
- 1 bunch of fresh broccoli
- 1 10 oz package of Cascadian Farm organic frozen berries
- 1 lb. of organic rolled oats
- 1 cup of house-made soup
Participating in Suspended Groceries is easy, inexpensive, and directly benefits our community. Wild Oats Market, the first grocery store in the area to adopt Suspended Groceries, is delighted to be working with Kinetic, a Williams College student group, to introduce this exciting new concept to the community. With your help, we can establish Suspended Groceries as an integral part of our community outreach efforts.
Look for the Suspended Groceries icon when you are in the store, to find the foods that are part of the Suspended Groceries initiative. To purchase or pick up a Suspended Grocery, go to any register.